Some of our activities and service projects have changed due to COVID-19 restrictions, guidelines and protocols; we spend more time outside and all participants wear masks. Despite changes, our youth still enjoy fellowship (either outdoors or virtually), service projects are different, but we still give to our community. Music and Camp are on hold for now, but we are imagining new ways to stay connected.
Through a variety of youth groups, our children are involved with special events, programs and service projects. The activities planned by youth group leaders provide opportunities to learn and enjoy fellowship outside the classroom setting.
- Youth Fellowship/Salt Shakers – A youth group for children in Kindergarten – 5th grade that meets monthly. When the group come together, they share some things about themselves, and have fun participating in mission and social activities.
- Youth Fellowship/Compass – A youth group open to all kids in grades 6-12. Meeting 1-2 times per month, Compass plans meaningful events and outings including Christian lessons that apply to the everyday lives of our youth, community service, fellowship and fun! This group is a great way for youth to learn more about faith and strengthen bonds between church friends.
Visiting our neighbors – our middle school and high school students along with group leaders visit other houses of worship to learn more about different faith beliefs. Discovering similarities and differences helps us to understand and respect our neighbors while we learn more about our own faith and beliefs.
- Youth Fellowship/Friends in Faith – Partnering an adult from our congregation with a youth helps surround our youth with caring, supportive adults in their lives. The adult friend connects with their young friend in church each week, sends encouraging notes or cards and prays daily for their friend. We hope this intergenerational relationship will be a blessing for both friends as they continue their informal friendship that will strengthen our community of faith.
- Youth Fellowship/Youth Music – children of all ages can share their musical gifts with our congregation.
Sing with Me. Children through grade 6 sing songs that coincide with the Sunday school lessons of the week and celebrate the season of the church. This group meets a few Sundays a month after church services.
Students in grades 7-12 are invited to join the adult choir. Seasonal participation is possible.
A group of student instrumentalists come together to add their talents to our worship service a couple of times a year. This is a creative and dynamic ensemble.
- Youth Fellowship/Camp Fowler is a non-profit children’s camp grounded in openness, hospitality and compassionate Christianity. This summer camp aims to provide space for children to be themselves, learn from those who are different from them, while experiencing wonder and love. The camping philosophy is pretty simple: get children to play outside, surrounded by an authentic community who accepts them for who they are. No bells, no whistles, just camp. Each summer many CCRC youth attend Camp Fowler along with several adults who volunteer to serve for a week at camp. https://www.campfowler.org/about/