From pre-school through 8th grade, we offer a curriculum titled Seasons of the Spirit.Seasons offers each grade level the opportunity to gather, engage, respond and reflect. The lessons are based on the seasons of the church year, including Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter and Pentecost and uses the same lectionary readings as the adult service. Children worship with their families and are dismissed to Sunday school after a Word for the Children.
We are a SafeChurch. All employees and volunteers who work with children have had background checks with Protect My Ministry and current training on child safety and protection.
- Sunday School/Summer Sunday School – During July and August we have a one-room class setting for children in pre-school up to grade 3.The Seasons curriculum continues to be studied during the summer months and classes for the children follow the same format as during the school year.
- Sunday School/Communion Workshop – Our second and third graders are invited to a two-session Communion Class in the spring to help prepare for their participation in the Lord’s Supper.
- Sunday School/Special activities – The youth are involved with special events, programs and worship during all seasons.
- The Advent Adventure and Hosanna Happening are holiday celebration days that include special Christmas or Easter crafts, friendship building and fun.
- Green Corn Picnic is a much loved CCRC tradition. Held a Sunday in September, this is a time to celebrate new beginnings and thank God for blessings. Members come casually dressed for church and stay to enjoy a pot luck picnic with intergenerational activities.
- Youth Sunday – scheduled in late spring, our Youth Sunday service provides the youth of our church an opportunity to lead our regular worship service in song, readings and sermon. Children ages three to eighteen use their talents to praise and celebrate our Christian Faith.
- Family Christmas Eve Service – this service is conducted by and for the children. Our youth present a recreation of the nativity and all ages are welcome in the sanctuary for this service.