Due to COVID-19 safety guidelines, all options for Sunday school will be virtual or at-home study.
DWELL children’s ministry and Sunday school curriculum actively engages kids in God’s story using interactive games, reflective wondering, dramatic storytelling, and a whole lot of fun.
DWELL is grounded in a Reformed perspective. Each lesson includes activities based on multiple intelligence theory. DWELL invites kids to find their place in God’s story.
DWELL Flex (Grades 5 and under) is a new edition of DWELL, built specifically for the challenges and changes many churches are facing right now. DWELL Flex is…flexible! The New Testament sessions work with a wide range of ages and in a wide variety of settings, including:
- By Video – whether pre-recorded or live via Zoom.
- At Church – combining a multi-age class.(in-person classes suspended)
- At Home – easy lessons for families to do at home.
DWELL Dive(Grades 6, 7, 8 and 9) – Sixth- through ninth-graders explore Bible stories, pairing them with important teachings from the Reformed/Presbyterian confessions. This guides students to dive deeper into more complex concepts as they study God’s Word.
DWELL presents the Bible as a life-transforming story of God’s amazing love for his people and world. It invites children to find their place in that story, and join God’s mission to transform the world through Jesus Christ.
We are a SafeChurch. All employees and volunteers who work with children have had background checks with Protect My Ministry and current training on child safety and protection.
- Sunday School/Summer Sunday School – During July and August we have a one-room class setting for children in pre-school up to 3rd grade.The Dwell Digital curriculum continues to be studied during the summer months and classes for the children follow the same format as during the school year.
- Sunday School/Communion Workshop – Our second and third graders are invited to a two-session Communion Class in the spring to help prepare for their participation in the Lord’s Supper.
- Sunday School/Special activities – The youth are involved with special events, programs and worship during all seasons.
- The Advent Adventure and Hosanna Happening are holiday celebration days that include special Christmas or Easter crafts, friendship building and fun.
- Green Corn Picnic is a much loved CCRC tradition. Held a Sunday in September, this is a time to celebrate new beginnings and thank God for blessings. Members come casually dressed for church and stay to enjoy a pot luck picnic with intergenerational activities.
- Youth Sunday – scheduled in late spring, our Youth Sunday service provides the youth of our church an opportunity to lead our regular worship service in song, readings and sermon. Children ages three to eighteen use their talents to praise and celebrate our Christian Faith.
- Family Christmas Eve Service – this service is conducted by and for the children. Our youth present a recreation of the nativity and all ages are welcome in the sanctuary for this service.