We have many programs which aim to help our congregation of all ages grow together in faith and fellowship.
Our goals include: teaching members to know God and recognize the way God is at work in the world, and to provide experiences that support and stimulate our Christian faith.
Infants and children through age 3 experience the love of God and nurturing care provided by members of our church family in the child care center during the 10 a.m. Sunday worship service. The nursery is staffed with competent, caring people and stocked with colorful, fun and safe toys for your child’s use.
We are a SafeChurch. All employees and volunteers who work with children have had background checks with Protect My Ministry and current training on child safety and protection.
The availability of child care make it possible for parents and caregivers to spend time in quiet worship. All caregivers are welcome to stay with their child; if you would like to see what the nursery setting is like, please join us any Sunday. Our ushers and greeters will guide you to the nursery.
Sunday school – pre-K through 8th grade
From pre-Kindergarten through 8th grade we offer a curriculum titled Seasons of the Spirit, which offers each grade level the opportunity to gather, engage, respond and reflect. The lessons are based on the seasons of the church year, including Advent, Christmas, Epiphany, Lent, Easter and Pentecost and uses the same lectionary readings as the adult service. Children worship with their families and are dismissed to Sunday school after a Word for the Children. Sunday school ends around the same time the worship service.
Compass (High School) students experience traditional lessons and current social discussions that are effecting our world. All students are welcome to participate in the Mission Trips during spring or summer breaks. Past trips have included working in New York City, Washington D.C., Tennessee, Massachusetts, Vermont, New Jersey and Mississippi. Inter-generational trips include St. Thomas, VI February 2019 and coming summer 2019 a trip to Niagara Falls, NY. The Mission Trips are subsidized by the congregation through an annual fundraising dinner and silent auction.
Several adult education opportunities are available. Sample from a few or attend all—there are no prerequisites!
- Kerygma – Studies various biblical themes and beliefs in a dynamic and lively environment. Sunday mornings 8:30-9:30am.
- Men’s Group – Interesting presentations and speakers coupled with Christian fellowship. Meetings announced.
- Women’s Bible Study Group – Learn about God’s presence in our everyday life. Different books are chosen to study. Second Thursday of the month from 10:00-11:00am.
- Special Studies – Various classes offered throughout the year, led by Rev. Dr. Johan Bosman. Please check our website for current offerings.
Music Offerings for All Ages
- Choir – Eighth grade and up – meets each Sunday at 8:30am in the choir loft.