CCRC’s vision is to provide mission work locally, nationally and internationally. Throughout the years, CCRC has been involved in many mission activities. Through our caring and generous church family, our mission projects have been very successful. The following mission opportunities occur throughout the year:
- Community Basket Sunday – The 3rd Sunday of every month, the Congregation donates food, paper products and toiletry items that are delivered to local food pantries and shelters.
- Schenectady City Mission – The Congregation collects specific items that are needed during the winter months and assists with serving meals throughout the year.
- Operation Christmas Children – Each Christmas, the Congregation fills containers with gifts to bring joy and hope to needy children around the world.
- Blankets for Mission – During the winter months, the Congregation collects blankets (hats, scarves and gloves) that are distributed to the homeless by Schenectady City Mission.
- Ahana House – Each Thanksgiving, the Congregation lovingly collects food items needed for a complete Thanksgiving dinner for the residents and their families.
- Mission for Paws – This CCRC mission group meets monthly to discuss ways to help local animal shelters.
- Habitat for Humanity – The Congregation has been involved in this mission for many years. Members volunteer as builders or sign up to provide lunch at a designated work site.
- Giving Tree – Each Advent, members may choose an ornament from the Christmas tree that represents a specific gift needed such as clothing, grocery gift cards, pet food etc. These items are delivered to local organizations for Christmas.
- Orphaned and Vulnerable Children – Throughout the years, the Congregation has offered special collections to benefit the orphaned and vulnerable children of Tapologo in Ledig, South Africa.
- Friendship Visits – Mission Committee members visit local nursing homes to show the love of Christ through a warm smile, loving touch and conversation, and send cards during special holidays.
- Veterans – The Congregation collects items needed for local veteran’s programs and shelters.
- Words of Home Ministry – Members write personal notes of comfort and encouragement to people going through a difficult time.
- Crafters in Christ – These are mini workshops that can be done in one day. We gather for fun, learning and sharing to bring love to others. Some of our projects have been Prayer Beads, T-shirt Tote Bags, Fabric Dolls and knitted items.
- Jezreel International – The committee collects used, clean Rx bottles for International Humanitarian Aid organizations.
There are many other organizations we support and ask you to Help Us Help!